BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Marriage is what brings us together...today.

We've been talking about relationships and marriage.
I've always just wanted to be married because in my mind it would have no problems.
Then my mind switched a couple months ago, and I didn't really want to get married soon because
alot of problems do happen.
Nonetheless, I love marriage again.

For one, I just like this verse:
Ezekial 16:
Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness. I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Sovereign LORD, and you became mine.
" 'I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you.
I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put leather sandals on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments.
I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. So you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. Your food was fine flour, honey and olive oil. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen. And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD.


Hooray for nose rings and looking pretty.

I learned to not put up false expectations. I guess that's one thing I always thought of.. I always expected marriage to be perfect and I guess lately I expected it to be full of problems. Then we talked about the differences between guys and girls and all that stuff. It was just interesting.

Oh.. Some interesting facts.

1/30 couples who worship together and go to church together divorce.

1/300 couples who pray together daily get divorced.

1/3900 couples who go to church together, pray together daily, are real Christians, and do premarital counseling, divorce.

Obviously we need God in our relationships.

------------------------------------------------------------------

We had prayer time in the chapel yesterday as well. God gave me this verse in Isaiah 42.

"Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.

2 He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.
A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;

4 he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
In his law the islands will put their hope."

This is what God the LORD says—
he who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it,
who gives breath to its people,
and life to those who walk on it:
"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,

to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

That spoke pretty loud and clear with me about my calling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I love my small group. We're all completely different people but it's fantastic. Leah, Allie, and Katy are the funniest people i've ever met.

And for other news, there were birds in our chimney and on our posts in the girls lobby that kept dive bombing at girls as they would walk into the bathroom. Not gonna lie, it was pretty fantastic.

0 comments: