BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The character and nature of God.

We are learning about the character and nature of God this week. Our speaker is Larry Allen, who is also the school of the Bible teacher. He is amazing. When the class starts to get tired, he runs into walls. He gives us four breaks every session and talks like my dentist, Dr. Reynolds. His wife also made us cookies.

The first day we started talking about this, He stopped in the middle of teaching and just looked at me and smiled and asked me what my name was. After I told him, he said, "Julie, God just has such a wonderful plan for your life." and kept teaching.
This is like the third time someone has done this out of the blew here. It's kinda freaking me out a bit.

Anyways, it's been a really good week of learning, which is nice since I can't remember anything from last week. Here are some points that I picked up:
-We shouldn't just love God, but we should like Him too.
-Love is size independent.
-God has intellect and a will, and uses both for everything He does.
-To be emotionally in check in a relationship is to live in reality and not look to 25 years in the future with that person.
-It's better to walk in purity the first time around.
-Eph. 5:1-2
-The basis of choices we should make are not of emotions but the understanding of what is most valuable to do.
-Our will, the truth, and our intellect should drive and direct our emotions.
-When you choose an action, you also choose the consequence that is inseparably attached with the action.
-"God has grace, but not stupid grace."
-God judges the intention of the heart but the evaluation of love should be by commitment.
-God doesn't show partiality.
-The righeousness of God is the expression of the love of God. If God wasn't righteous, He would neither be loving.
-Jeremiah 31:3

So those are just the highlights of alot of good teaching we're receiving this week.

On a whole other scale, God is doing so much in alot of other areas as well.

Yesterday I got a vision during a short worship time. In my vision, I walked down an aisle and went into an elevator. When I started going up, I went past a vision i've had while being here(When I was dancing with Jesus.) and went to the next level. When we stopped there, everything was dull, faded, and gray. It looked kind of like a revolutionary war scene. Then God took my hand and we started to touch things, and when we did, color was restored to them. We started picking up dirt and ashes of the ground and forming them into things. In my vision, i wasn't crying, but very intently focused on what I was doing, and making sure I did it correctly.
-I feel like God is saying that He is going to give me the gift of making dull and lifeless things into something beautiful. But not just through cosmetology. I feel that He really will help me turn ashes into beauty.

God is also dealing with me in some other areas. Last night in dorm devotional, Allie Pile(one of my favorite people ever) gave a teaching on the romantic side of Jesus and the reason why we have a time of being single before we're ready to get married. It sucked hearing alot of what she had to say, but it was so good at the same time. She read something off the internet, and as soon as I get it i'll post the link here. Anyways, one of the reasons why we're supposed to be single now is to actually prepare ourselves for marriage. If we don't love ourselves, and don't love our Jesus, then how can we one day love a man? And if we aren't fufilled with Jesus now, when we get married, we will still be just as lonely as before.
I'm kind of rambling but so much was loaded into my brain that it's kind of hard to remember.

On a lighter note, I got my feathers for my peacock costume for the boo bash on Saturday night. Pretty excited.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

your week sounds like it's been amazing so far. i really wish i could have sat in on those teachings by larry allen! take lots of notes to show me at christmas, ok?

i love you!

Always New Adventures photography said...

ohhh peacock costume! Sounds exciting sogg. Take loads of pictures