BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Forgiveness.

Yesterday we talked about unforgiveness and forgiving others.
Our speaker was from New Zealand.

A few things that God spoke through him to me during the teacher were..
-We want someone who speaks the languages of our heart.
-God isn't a record keeper of my sins.
-You're either set free from your sins or your bound by them.. Those are the only two options.
-The people who are quick to forgive are quick to get blessings from God.

My day progressed and I was slightly frustrated with just different aspects of my day. I kept talking to people who were worried about knowing what they had to deal with that night. I couldn't think of anything that would really upset me so much. I thought I wouldn't be crying or having a hard time but boy was I wrong.

I started to write a list of a few people I felt maybe I had bitterness towards. I asked God to reveal everyone who I really had an issue with. Before I knew it I had written a whole page of names covering it.

A few of my friends started confessing aloud the people they needed to forgive. I was so proud of them and tearing up just because I knew how much it meant to them and the Lord that they were forgiving those who hurt them.

I guess a few tears just set me off. The speaker called out different groups of people we needed to forgive, and one of them was friends and ex boyfriends/girlfriends. It suddenly hit me how much bitterness and even hatred I had towards people.
I started to forgive these girls who called me fat when I was 9 years old.. The girls who changed my perception about how I looked for the rest of my life. I didn't even really know that was such an issue until I started crying my eyes out about it.
Then I began to forgive every ex boyfriend.. Every guy who used me.. Every guy who had hurt me. I prayed that they would become men of God. I prayed they would find women who will love them and cherish them. I prayed blessings over the ones who tore me apart.

Leah came over to me and hugged me trying to comfort me. I thought it was all over until she asked me a question that changed everything.
"Julie, did you forgive yourself yet?"

Oh sweet Jesus, He made the tears come harder. I never knew that was my issue. I've had so much insecurity, so much hurt, and such a hard thinking of myself because I never forgave myself for my sin and past mistakes. It was hard for me and I couldn't for a long time, but I finally voiced out loud that I wasn't holding condemnation against myself anymore and that I forgave myself because I knew the Lord did.

Once again, I felt a release..


2 comments:

Always New Adventures photography said...

Dang it Sogg, I always start to tear up when i read your blog! Its so powerful to see what God is doing in you.

Unknown said...

Yay! Forgiving myself was the hardest part of my DTS too. But isn't the freedom amazing?