BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 2, 2010

Prague.

I'm safe and sound here! Its taken me a few days to update, I've really had no time to be on this thing.
This city is the definition of gorgeous. The buildings, cobble stone streets, ahh it's very romantic. It's not loud like traffic loud really. We're staying in a hostile here which is quite interesting. I never know who is in our little room. There are two bathrooms for about 32 of us. So far nothing too too awkward has happened. But who knows.

Ministry has been slow but good. We go out on the streets at night. The girls here wear less then Thailand, which I guess I thought wasn't possible. Black men from Nigeria are the ones who invite people to the clubs and they stand outside of them. They are the easiest people to reach. They are very receptive because they are "Christian". It is impressive how much they know about the Bible and God. One man, however, I got to really pray with. His wife worked in the club and he looked very sad. He hates his job and wants to leave but cant. I got to pray for him and it went well. Most of these men hate their jobs.
Last night I got into another conversation with a different black guy. It was cool, because I asked God to send people to us. Then this man literally walked up to me and said, "Well.. What are you looking for?" We got into a pretty serious conversation and hopefully he is coming to church with us tomorrow.

We also did some childrens ministry in a poor area yesterday. These children are beyond beautiful. It's very sad though because you can tell how unhealthy they are and how much neglect they deal with everyday. I love loving on these kids.

Today is another free day and I'm going out to take pictures. I'm pretty excited.
There are tons of little coffee shops which are lovely. I found out I cant drink european coffee at night because it keeps me up, if our hostile people arent. They tend to come in at three am very very VERY drunk. Jesus is testing our love for our neighbors, man.

We leave for a new city on monday where we will do much more prostitution ministry. Many bachlor parties come to czech for cheap sex. There will be masses of groups of guys like that and it's very bothersome. Pray for wisdom and grace for that and continued wisdom and grace for me dealing with the team.

0 comments: