BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cheb.

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delay in writing =].
I'm now in cheb, which is the biggest prostitution city(i think) in Czech. It's the gateway from germany to czech, so many men come from germany to the prostitutes. The city is run by the vietmaneze mafia-so there are lots of short asians everywhere. There are masses of poor gyspy children roaming the streets as well. However, I adore this city. It's so evident that God loves this place although there is so many awful things happening. There is such a sense of peace here.
Yesterday we went and drew on the park sidewalk. We did it kind of as a prophetic act. We wrote in Czech and English just the redemptive purposes for this city. A man walked by and our translater and I talked to him. He said that he was clinically dead after an accident he got into, and he didnt believe in God but wasnt sure why he was alive. But when he walked by these writings, he felt strength from somewhere and couldnt seem to leave the place or stop looking at the scriptures. It was so amazing that it affected people like that! Even the city sweepers who were supposed to clean that area didnt because they wanted the writings to stay there. Talk about the favor of the Lord!
It was amazing though because I went to talk to a girl nearby. She was incredibly open and I began to talk to her about my life. We got stuck on the subject of forgiveness and I got to talk to her about forgiving the people who have hurt me in this life. She just cried and cried with me and hugged me. This is quite unsual for czechs to be so affectionate, so you could tell in truely meant something to here. I got such an amazing revelation that God uses us so greatly and our testimonies are amazing stories of His grace in our lives. Thank you Jesus for such divine appointments!

We've been going out on the streets every night. This prostitution is breaking my heart even more and more. These girls are lined up on the corners. A truck will come by, and one will hop in it and drive off. A little while later, they will get dropped off again and start over. It's EVERYWHERE. There is no hiding what's happening here. Although its not legal, the police do nothing about it. It's a known fact and absolutely rampant in this city. Last night we had an amazing prayer time for them and I feel that God is pouring even more passion into me. My prayers aren't wishful thinking or timid anymore. I pray with strength, power, and authority that the Lord has given me to pray until this issue is changed!

Tomorrow we are holding a time where I cut hair for these women we have met. We aren't sure how many will be coming, but I'm THRILLED. Some women and my guy friend Joe will be staying back to pray with the women while I'm cutting others hair. Please pray that it will be fruitful.

We've also been going to a local gyspie community and playing with the kids. It's the runnest down of the run down living conditions. However, the gyspies are the most beautiful people I have ever seen. It's honestly quite ridiculous. It's hard to talk and do much of a program because lack of translaters but we are still loving. On saturday I will be cutting hair ALL day for these kids. Pray for my hands that they can withstand that much. It will most likely be about 40+. I really want to bless these kids more then anything, so I know God's strength is made perfect in weakness.

We will leave to romania on monday. 36 hour train ride, baby.

2 comments:

kristin said...

all of this is so awesome, jules!

Jodie Carafano said...

This is all so wonderful Julie! I truly wish I was there with you!