BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Dragonesht olt.

I'm so very sorry for the delay in updating my blog. We haven't had consistent internet for quite a while now and this is the first opportunity to do so.
I'm now in a city, dragonesht olt, in romania. Its a village type place that is run by the gypsy mafia and is the darkest place in all of romania. Its drenched with witchcraft and sorcery and about .2 percent Christian. However, the church here is amazing. They are so anointed and unified and really do alot of work for the kingdom here. We have been doing a vbs with the neighborhood children and soccer ministry with some of the teenage guys. We are only here for a short time so we are trying to pour all we have into these next couple of days.

God is doing such amazing things in my life! i'm learning more and more everyday how to be a leader. i've become practically staff because our team has shortage of them. I really am loving it though and am learning what to do, what not to do, and that leading is really actually just serving. i'm having to cook meals(for those who dont know, ive never cooked very much. my mom is too good at it and ive never had to.) Daily I make cooking mistakes and my leader Catherine just laughs and me and fixes it. It has been quite the experience.

along with learning about leadership, God has been doing amazing growth in my life. After dealing more with my over abundant insecurity issues, I've become a stronger woman of God. I'm learning what it means to walk confidently in my identity through Christ and how important it is for life. i've also gained such a hunger for the word. I'm reading in 2 chronicles right now and the stories are just coming alive. Things i never would have thought about are coming into my head and the Holy Spirit is just speaking into my life. When I have more time, I'll write something specific that God really has shown me through King Hezekiah.

Another great thing is a black preacher from Ghana gave a message out of Exodus 4. He was talking about the things that we have in our hands, like the staff that moses had. God asked him what was in his hand, and then to put it down. The preacher continued to talk about how we must offer God all that is in our hands: Our plans, our ideas, our thoughts. God says and does the things humans cannot or think they cannot do(Grabbing the snake by the tail, which usually causes them to bite you.) He then talked about how we cant fully live the way were supposed to until we say "Yes lord" and respond to Him. My favorite part of the entire sermon though was "God may not do the miracles your asking for until you move. Move to a different place. Move to the place of your inheritance." Man, I just loved that!

anyways, i'm doing great, incase you can't tell. God has sustained me so much this past week. I've realized i have nothing to offer this team because im just too exhausted. but this week especially, God has given even more of an abundance of life. instead of sleeping all the time, im having the most amazing quiet times. i'm falling even more in love with Jesus!

Continue to pray for our team. Two girls have gotten sick, but its definitely spiritual warfare related. We have a little less then two weeks until we come home and we want to finish strong and run the race God has marked for us!

0 comments: