BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The start of a long process.

Oh my..
Fourth day here and I'm already getting spirtually exhausted haha..
Yesterday was a very spiritually intense day. As some of you may know, yesterday was the abortion march in Houston. (There ended up being about 10000 people marching which is awesome) Because of that, Leah and I fasted the whole day in order to pray for it. It was really good and God gave me such a new revelation of the issue.
God did alot, but it was quite draning not eating, getting over jet lag, and being in intercession about it like 6 time.
But I guess what made it harder was the fact that we went into the red light district for the first time last night. Oh my lanz.
We walked for 15 minutes and all the sudden we turn and we're just there on this strip. It's extremely loud with tons of different songs playing, and instantly women come out trying to talk to you. They are dressed in almost nothing. Tons of men were there from all over the place. There is a hotel for the district right across the street, and a very nice hotel practically attached to this strip.
When I walked through there, my heart went to my throat. I couldn't think clearly or even hardly breathe. My eyes were opened immensely because it was right in front of my face.
I guess it hit me the second time when one of the places was called "Wild Orchid", just like one of the brothels in Houston. Half way across the world and it's the exact same thing.
I was able to hold myself decently poker faced until we started our walk home. I couldn't stop crying but even more then sadness and anger I had this strange urgency feeling. I've never felt it before and it will most likely take more times going into the bars before I know what it is, but its very different.

Tonight we're going into the bars to actually minister(yesterday was just observing and praying). I don't feel prepared at all but only through God's grace can I do it. We leave for the village thursday and I probably wont write another blog until the day we get back. Please be praying for our safety!

0 comments: