BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mali.

I'm in such awe of God's faithfulness.
Let me start with early yesterday, which will help explain the story of the last night.
I saw my friend Olivia and we were able to hangout and eat lunch. It was really fun seeing her and talking to her about life. But she started talking about how loving the people you meet is the most important thing. It started to make me think that much of my thinking towards missions is one goal: Them becoming Christians. Although this is the ultimate goal, its not something that has to happen in the first conversation you have with a person. I guess on many missions trips we are only there for a short time, so we have to talk about God right away. But for this outreach and for my life later I'm learning about investing in people and loving on them first. If you go in right away and just start talking about God and repentence, they hardly know you or trust you. You don't know anything about them nor do they know anything about you.
Needless to say, I was thinking about that alot before we went into the bars last night. Olivia also told me to look at it as if I was hanging out with friends. I realized that these women are no different then my old non christian friends, except they have a title of being a "Prostituted woman". So going into the one bar last night, I automatically shifted my thinking.
Her name was Mali. She was 34 years old, but looked about 25. She was very beautiful and worked at the bar. I asked her where she was from and she said half Thai half Indian(Funny how India pops up EVERYWHERE with me.) 30 seconds into our conversation she asked me if we could play a game. We sat and played Jenga and Connect four for an hour and a half. It was incredibly fun. We joked and laughed like we had known each other for a long time. She hugged me when I would almost make the tower fall but somehow it stayed up.
She already started to open up about her life. It was her choice(I think) to work there. She had worked at a corporation before but wanted more money and said she enjoyed working there. She started to tell me that she was very good at the games but would charge men 100 baht(3 dollars) per game(Which I couldnt help but laugh hysterically about).
She was a fantastic woman and my heart is so for her. I left with a smile on my face and a hope for them. I didnt say one thing about Jesus or God, just talked to her about life. I really realized the importance of showing people you love and care before shoving something in their face.

So that's what happened. New post next week.

0 comments: