BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Houston.

Hey everyone!
So it's been awhile since I posted, but the last week of DTS was crazy and then I was on break. And this is the first chance i've had internet!
Right now I'm in Houston for my stateside outreach. It's been amazing so far. We are staying at this spanish church and its been fun. My team has gotten pretty close by just being in really close quarters.
The first night we went to street church and I totally fell in love with it. I really threw myself out there for stuff and just trying to talk to people. I also shared my testamony which really affected peoples lives! It's cool because I don't even remember what I said, but people came up at the end to receive prayer. Jesus is so good. We also had a dance party and any church that has a dance party is totally my favorite.

We also prayed at a Planned Parenthood which was tough. And tomorrow we're going to pray at the biggest abortion clinic in America and second largest in the world. We already saw it: Six stories high, massive, and teal. I got such a sick feeling just being there.

On new years eve we went out to minister on the crowded streets of Montrose. It was an incredibly eye opening experience seeing so many drag queens. We talked to people on the streets and just ministered until midnight. My new years started out with shelby, johannes, and I running around the walgreens parking lot screaming.

This weekend we had a 10 hour seminar on Human Sex Trafficking. It was very very very intense. I learned so much information that was amazing and eye opening. However the biggest change in my heart was when we did this exercise. The whole day I acted like I was a prostitute.. okay restart.
Three tables represented the sex district and one represented the church. Big Steve was my pimp hah.. anyways. the whole day they were trading the girls(I wasnt traded) and the christians were trying to talk to us. It was very seperated and honestly you start to feel resentment towards the Christian table. At the end of the day I was "Raided" and sent to the christian table. i did NOT want to be there. I wanted to be back at my other table, and plus the christians did all these things that in the sex district mean bad things but in christian thinking mean nothing. Such as a stuffed animal means bad luck but christians think it means comfort.
Anyways, that was probably confusing but was SO effective. Oh man.

Anyways, i miss home. alot. But I'm alive and okay.

0 comments: