BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Holy Spirit.

I'm back from a wonderful weekend at Kyle's house. My best friend Esther and I both stayed there from Friday until Monday. It was very relaxing and full of Bridezilla, Massive amounts of food, shopping, clean laundry, and swimming.

I'd like to say that I'm deeply sorry for the Feuille family and I'm praying for you very much. I should update about last week.





Walter Heindereich, a german revivalist, spoke. The first day, he walked up there and started to being his teaching. Not even ten minutes into it he looked at me and said,"It's you. You will be a prophet. People will call you the mouth of God because what you say to this generation." I froze completely and my heart dropped. That's the second time I've gotten prophesised over that I would have that gifting.
At the end of his teaching, we had a worship time. I heard God say, "I will awaken the sleeping if you raise up the dreamers."
I heard is so distinctively. People who are just dreaming when they are sleeping can't do anything. But when you're awake, with dreams, huge things can happen. God can wake up the people, get them out of sin, actually change them(since we can't). But it's our job to raise up the dreams they have, to bring to light the gifts God has purposed and intentionally given us from the beginning. Pertaining to me, I was reminded of a tactic my sister used to talk to ladies in the district in the Philippines. She would ask them what their dreams were or what they used to want to be when they were kids. It brings them back to reality and raises up questions and thoughts in their head. My job is to help these dreams, their purposes, actually happen.

Walter was an amazing man in general. He was radically saved by the Lord and instantly delivered from drugs while he was at a party. It changed his life completely. He walks entirely by the holy spirit directing Him. He heals people all the time, and sees hundreds and thousands of people saved. He has HUGE ministries. But you would never know it-He is very humble. But what you can notice is the way he carries himself. You feel the holy spirit when you are around him. A few things really amazed me when he spoke.

-He said the Bible told us to "Heal the sick" not "Pray for the sick". I never ever thought about this before. Maybe us as Christians are going about this the wrong way. Ofcourse God has mercy on people, but are we actually doing what He says to do? If the healing is for them to go and be with God because that is the ultimate healing, or if they are radically healed physically, God desires all people to be healed because He is a loving God. Walter said every healing is different and you must listen to the Holy Spirit to tell you. He told us a story about this little six year old boy who loved Jesus so much and he would just touch people and they would be healed. SIX YEARS OLD! Another small girl in Mongolia brought her grandfather up from the dead because she knew he wasn't a Christian. He came alive and instantly became a Christian, and died two years later. Normal people heal people when they have the Holy Spirit. I always thought it was these special people who were high up in the church or something. No everyone, it's us! It's apart of the great comission and what God has called all of us into!

-Church isn't supposed to be in a huge church with a set worship time, set prayer time, set sermon, blah. Church in the Bible was a meeting and people listening to what the Holy Spirit told them to do. They trusted that someone would get a word or direction. People would break out into songs, not have a worship band. He wasn't anti church or anything, but Walter made me realize we are trying to fit God into a schedule when maybe He doesnt want to be in a schedule. He just wants us to listen to Him and worship Him, and He'll let us know what's on His heart. We are the body, we are the church. We each individually have a place!

Phew. So many good things were said but I dont currently have my binder.

Another thing I want to mention is the sermon that was preached at Kyle's church. He was talking about when Mary(or Martha cant remember) anointed Jesus with that very expensive perfume. All the disciples said it was a waste because it was a years wages. But Jesus said was she was doing was beautiful. She gave what she had. The pastor said something interesting: People try and try to give things they don't have instead of what they DO have. God has given us each a unique design and wants us to give Him our gifts. God isn't expecting something huge that we don't have. I guess this stuck out to me, because many times I don't feel like I have enough to offer God. But I do! I have giftings God has given me and I just need to pour them out on Jesus's feet. That's my job and should be my heart.

Again, this week is freaking phenomenal with our new speaker. But I will update when I have all I want to say. I wish everyone could hear and experience all that I'm going through! God is doing such great things.

1 comments:

kristin said...

i love this post.