BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Love is permanent.

This past week we did "Financial Seminar" week where we learned how to fund raise, manage our money better, why the Bible supports being supported by others, etc. It was was a very informative week and helped me alot. I got prayers that I would have a husband who has many contacts for support and I say yes and amen.

Probably the best part of the week for me was when we made our mission statements. You go through a series of questions: What you did as a child, what element are you, what do you love, what do you hate, favorite movie, and some others.
After that you start to pick from lists of words of who you want to help, what your giftings are, etc.
Ofcourse, if you know me, you know I ADORE these kind of questions. Plus our speaker was very animated and I enjoyed listening to her. So we go through all these papers and
then she calls me up to help me in front of class.
This may not interest you, but I'm going to put down the process of what happened.
One of my favorite things is when a painting or a song is completed. I love the process of going from zero to a beautiful masterpiece. On the flip side, one of my least favorite things is when people give up on something that has great potential.
My three favorite movies are Zoolander, Mean Girls, and Slum Dog Millionare. When she asked me to explain why, without even realizing I did this, I said "Because it shows the reality of_________(Modeling, How means girls actually can be, and the beauty and despair of India).
She then took my words, took my other questions and formed my Mission Statement:

To embrace, redeem, and value the restoration of beauty to prostituted women.

I cried reading it to the class which then made many people cry. It was glorious to see my heart in one easy sentence.

This week is called Strategic Frontiers. It talks mostly about the world and getting our eyes to see it clearly and see what God wants you to see. It only started yesterday but i really like the speaker. One main thing he said yesterday was "There is a difference between having a heart of compassion and your actual calling." I liked that alot because I feel like sometimes in my life I havent had as much compassion as I was capable of because it wasn't my "Calling". But we are called to have compassion on this lost world and that's my job more then my calling.

Other then class, I'm doing alright. I'm very sick and I hate it. I wasn't ever sick during DTS so this is my first time being sick away from family and I don't appreciate that. I'm also nervous because on saturday is open mic night where I'm singing this song with my co-worker/boss, Dennis.


It's a beautiful song.

We'll, it's time for class, time for me to probably cry again as they're talking about the world, and probably cough so much the rest of my class can't hear the speaker.

0 comments: